Rosemary Shortbread Holiday Cookie
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp white decorating sugar or pink Himalayan salt
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 2/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy
- Stir in the flour, salt, and rosemary until well blended.
- The dough will be somewhat soft. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat the over to 375°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Use your favorite holiday cookie cuter to cut out cookies. (Or simply cut into rectangles 1 ½ x 2 inches in size). Place cookies 1 inch apart on the lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with decorating sugar or pink Himalayan salt
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden at the edges.
- Let cool and enjoy