Apple Cider Sangria
Apple Cider Sangria is perfect when it’s still warm outside, but you’re ready for fall. Corey Kemp from The Inn at Virginia Tech created this autumn treat. Yields 5-7 servings.
- 2 sliced apples (preferably Honeycrisp or Granny Smith)
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 sliced lemon
- 2 cups of apple cider
- 1 ½ cups of ginger beer
- 1 bottle of white wine (type of wine depends on preference for sweetness)
- Want more kick? Add ½ cup of apple or cinnamon whiskey
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- Mix fruit, apple cider, and ginger beer in pitcher (don’t add the wine yet).
- Chill in refrigerator for a couple of hours (avoid ice as it will water it down).
- When chilled, add wine.
- Mix, garnish with cinnamon stick, and enjoy!