Join Hokies everywhere Oct. 16-Nov. 20
The Hokie Hike is back for another year and you can join from anywhere! Thousands of Hokies joined the fun last year completing hikes all over the world. This year we're gearing up for more fun with in-person meet ups, a children's option, and new Hokie Hike swag. We're kicking off the fun at Homecoming Weekend!
Register for the Hokie Hike and then hike anywhere, anytime between Oct. 16 and Nov 20. Share your journey with us using #HokieHike! We'll celebrate the great outdoors and how far Hokies can go together.
Participants will receive a box of Hokie gear and a portion of each registration fee is a gift to support outdoor recreation for current students.
This year groups on campus and in chapters across the country are hosting meet ups to hike together. Register for the hike and then sign up for a meetup. You don't have to hike as a group, but can find a gathering if you'd like.
- Online outdoor recreation map from Virginia Tech Advanced Instructor Stewart Scales.
- Social sciences on ethno-racial diversity in wildlife viewing and conservation webinar. Explore the relationship between race, ethnicity, and birdwatcher specialization based on a large, national survey of eBird users with Virginia Tech experts Jonathan Rutter and Dr. Ashley Dayer.
- Ten Great Hikes by Virginia Tech from Venture Out.
- Suggested clothing and gear list from Venture Out.
Share your journey with us using #HokieHike and we'll display it on our leaderboard.
|Sept. 13||Oct. 16|
|Oct. 1||Oct. 30|
|Oct. 15||Nov. 15|
|Nov. 10||Nov. 30|
|Dec. 1||Dec. 20|
- Adults: $30 with $5 supporting Rec Sports at Virginia Tech. Package includes a t-shirt, cooling towel, and sticker.
- Kids: $20 with $5 supporting Rec Sports at Virginia Tech. Package includes a drawstring bag and t-shirt.
A gift to Rec Sports supports outdoor activities for students, which are more important than ever this fall. Outdoor recreation gives students safe opportunities to build community and have fun.
For questions contact the Office of Special Events at 540-231-5027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.