Join alumni, faculty, staff, and potential employers at the 2019 Black Alumni Summit “Leveraging Our Legacy to Build Our Future.”
We need your input for the 2019 Black Alumni Summit. All are welcome to join alumni and Virginia Tech faculty and staff as we work together to build our connections, improve our professional skills, and develop initiatives to improve the Black student experience.
The Summit is Aug. 9-10 and on Aug. 8 there's a Black Young Alumni and Student Workshop. You can attend both for free.
The Weekend includes:
- A Thursday career workshop for Black young alumni and students.
- A Friday career development workshop with Jennifer Tardy, a professional career consultant and alumna.
- Insight and tips from industry leaders.
- Networking with alumni and recruiters.
- Recruiting with sponsors and corporate leaders (don’t forget your résumé).
- Saturday planning workshop with alumni.
These events are free to all students who attend thanks to a sponsorship from Coca Cola Consolidated. Student lodging is free for students who register in advance.
In addition, those who wish to travel from Blacksburg, are eligible for group transportation. Email Latanya Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve lodging and transportation.
Don’t forget to take our survey. Current students and former students who did not finish their degrees are invited to give their opinions about retention and climate at Virginia Tech and ways alumni can help. Taking the survey enters you to win a Hokie Prize pack!