Friday, Aug. 9
- Check in and refreshments
5:15 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Diversity updates: Menah Pratt-Clarke, vice president for strategic affairs and vice provost for inclusion and diversity
- Workshop with alumna Jennifer Tardy, career consultant with #CareerSuccess LLC. Tardy will present on networking skills and creating an elevator speech, particularly for surprise opportunities.
- Interactive Roundtable
- Closing Reception with Company Conversations
- Alumni Social
Saturday, Aug. 10
7:30- 8:15 a.m.
- Registration and Breakfast
- Student Opportunity Achievement Resources: Natasha Saunders, director
- Student Success Center: Current Black Student Retention and Initiatives with Ginai Seabron
- Cultural and Community Centers Retention Insights, Strategies, and Goals with Yolanda Avent, senior director
- Mentoring and Black Student Retention: Hokie Mentorship Connect with Joy Capers, Career and Professional Development director
- In Their Own Words: Retention from the Student Perspective with a student panel (undergraduate and graduate, plus an athlete’s perspective)
- Workshop: Developing Alumni Programs to Build Community and Enhance Student Retention with Darlene Floyd, Horizons Management and Training Consultants, LLC president
- Lunch with special guest: Diversity Alumni Recruitment Team Shyrah Kum, Office of Admissions National Capital Region assistant director
- Lunch with special guest Matt Brandon, chief advancement office for inclusion and diversity
- Workshop continued: Developing Alumni Programs to Build Community and Enhance Student Retention with Darlene Floyd, Horizons Management and Training Consultants, LLC president
- Black Alumni Reunion Kickoff