Saturday, June 24 — Rain or shine
You do not have to be a Virginia Tech alum to attend. All are welcome!
Noon to 5 p.m. (11 a.m. VIP Early Entry. Tickets are still available!)
Holtzman Alumni Center Lawn and Terrace, overlooking the Duck Pond
Virginia is for Craft Beer Lovers. Come experience a Saturday beer festival at the Holtzman Alumni Center with live entertainment; special guest appearances; and over 40 different beers from local, regional, and national breweries.
Relax and join friends in Blacksburg over a frosty tasting, and indulge in favorite foods from local restaurants. This festival is a community event and open to all ages. Must be 21 or older to purchase alcohol.
VIP Tastings and Menu
- 12:30 p.m. Sweetwater Cool Breeze Cucumber Saison paired with a cucumber, sweet onion, and heirloom tomato bite.
- 2 p.m. Chaos Brewing Edge of the Sun Lime Lager paired with cilantro chicken and avocado on grilled flatbread.
- 3:30 p.m. Blue Mountain Dark Hollow Imperial Stout paired with a coffee rubbed ribeye steak and caramelized leeks.
- Noon-2 p.m. Main stage: The Kind
- 2-3 p.m. Beer Garden: The Sauerkraut Band
- 3-5 p.m. Main stage: Trainwreck
Beer Festival at Virginia Tech Map ( 2017 )
Volunteers Needed. Sign up soon to help make the event happen and reap some cool rewards.
On Friday, June 23 there will be two Tap Takeover events to get the festivities started for the weekend. From 5-7 p.m. at Macado's in Blacksburg the following breweries will be represented: Chaos Mountain, Star Hill, Sweetwater, Blue Mountain, Devils Backbone, Bold Rock, South Street, Goose Island, Soaring Ridge, Apocalypse Ale, and Hardywood Brewing.
From 7-9 p.m. at Sharkeys the following breweries will be on tap: Bold Rock, Devils Backbone, Brothers Brewing, Starr Hill, Blue Mountain, Sweetwater, and Shocktop.
There will be free giveaways and brewery representatives at both locations.
Come out and get a head start on your festival weekend!